For Immediate Release
Contact: Oliver Grahl, +49 871 966 58 13, info AT GRAHL-software.com
GRAHL software design announces the immediate availability of PDF Annotator 5, a major step forward with numerous improvements and new features including ...
New, Modern Look-and-Feel
- New, clear color scheme and symbols
- Optimised for high resolution screens (high DPI)
- Automatic switch to large icons on high resolution screens
- New, huge selection of modern symbols and arrows as stamps
- Two sizes
- Button on the bottom right, hovering over the document
- Single click (or tap):
Switches to Pan tool
- Another single click (or tap):
Switches back to previously used tool
- Right click (or long tap):
Opens a menu with recently used tools
- Customizable to be visible in regular and/or full screen mode; can be moved around.
Select Text Actions
- After text selection in the original PDF content:
- New menu with Copy, Preview, Search, Translate (and more) options
- Immediately mark-up selected text with highlighter
- Underline or strike-through
- Define your own actions (program calls, URLs)
Convert Search Hits into Annotations
- Immediately mark-up search hits with highlighter
- Underline or strike-through
Extended Print Features
- New Print dialog with page preview
- Print current view
- Duplex print
- Automatically rotate pages
- Automatic page numbering
- Detailed positioning options for page numbers
- Multiple numbering sections possible
Align and Resize
- Align a selection of annotations
- Resize a selection of annotations
- Open and manage PDF Portfolios
- Overview on all embedded file attachments
- Add or remove attachments
- View and (partially) modify PDF document properties
- Common properties
- PDF properties
- Security settings
- New line style for the line tool
Separate Cover Page
- Display first page separately in two pages view (facing pages)
Copy and Paste Pages
- Copy single (or multiple) pages from the Page Manager.
- Paste them into the same or a different open document.
Crop Pages, Add Margins
- New page preview with the ability to move or resize the page area within the preview
- Digital copy for restricted documents
- Helps when document does not allow commenting, or author password is unknown.
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts for all commands
- Use your own shortcuts instead of the defaults.
- Define shortcuts for commands that don't come with a default shortcut.
- Export and import all settings including stamps
- Optimal for moving to a new computer, or synchronizing settings on multiple installations
- Restore document tabs from last session on next start
- Set border color for text boxes
- Default text box width setting
- Improvements when handling semitransparent images and objects
- More efficient way to save annotations within the PDF
PDF Annotator 5: Free 30-day trial available
PDF Annotator 184.108.40.2060 (26.4 MB) is available for Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP. A free 30-day trial can be downloaded from www.PDFAnnotator.com. Retail price is 69.95 USD. Special terms are available for students, schools and universities. Significant discounts also apply to multiple-use licenses.
New features: www.PDFAnnotator.com/en/whatsnew
For more information, contact GRAHL software design, Seligenthaler Str. 54,
84034 Landshut, Germany. Email: info AT GRAHL-software.com Internet:
Phone: +49 871 966 58 13 Fax: +49 871 966 58 18.
Evaluation Copy Available on Request
About GRAHL software design
Since 1996, GRAHL software design has been developing and marketing
Windows productivity tools for business and home users. In addition to
PDF Annotator, the company also offers SnippetCenter, an information
manager that archives text documents, files, code snippets, Internet
addresses, comments and notes.